Fishing Holiday / Break UK

Hi all,

I'm looking into a fishing type holiday break in the UK. I'm based close to Preston in Lancashire but am happy to travel a couple of hours / 100 miles or so for the right place. I predominately carp fish but also do general coarse fishing with my son. Has anyone got any recommendations or past experience of such a holiday? I'm not after a new PB or anything just a nice relaxing break with some good sport in nice surroundings. I don't night fish, so days only is fine. I'm thinking an onsite caravan / lodge as a base with a few different lakes to tackle. I fished Lonsdale Park up in Carlisle a few years back which was great but fancy somewhere new / different. Possibly southward as oppose to further north. Huge thanks in advance peeps.

Edited by moore82
Error

Have a look at Docklow Pools... 9 lakes 6 stretches of river, tackle shop and bar/restaurant on site, lodges, B/B, apartments and chalets... been going there for years... set in lovely countryside and the waters are very prolific for general coarse fishing, plenty of carp to mid upper doubles if you fish late in the day/ evening in the margins... oh... and the food is superb and plentiful....