Cassien knowlege blog

stoaty

Hello there im putting the thread up for anyone that has fished or is going to fish at lac cassien in France. I was there last weekend fishing the Route de Tanneron swim which resulted in a 24 lb mirror carp to a Banana seed boilie at about 15 ft. Anyone else caught anything or can recommend any good swims?. Any info on where to find good info on fishing Cassien would also be appreiciated. Tight lines!

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Never fished it.

But I have read the book Carp Now and Then by Rod Hutchinson. There is about 3 chapters devoted to Cassien in the book.

Also, have a roam around for Steve Briggs articles. He fishes Cassien every winter and has written many articles about the place. He has had fish to 61lb.

I have said before cassien is renowned for 90% of anglers blanking but for those who catch 90% will break their pb.

Tight Lines, you have picked yourself a heck of a water to tackle. At this stage of my carping life a water like that would break me. One day maybe.

I was hoping someone on here could answer a question for me... who do I contact to hire a boat from? As far as I know Les bois de Callian (Gerrards) has closed down, Pierre's do not seem to be responding to email, and their website has not been updated since 2002 or something like that (worryingly). Don't know the name of the other cafes (that do boat hire). If someone could help, i'd be grateful.

Planning my first trip down next month, and I have been surprised by the lack of information about Cassien on the web... especially practical information, like where to get licences from, the boats, latest rules (can you drop your rigs from boats again now?). So many people fish there, they must know.

I read the Hutchy book years ago and was blown away by it. If you have not read it, it is well worth it.

I have read a lot of articles from Steve Briggs about Cassien. If you can get hold of old copies of international carper, there are many pieces in there. Latest captures are reported still in international carper, which is now part of carp world magazine, have not seen anything recently, so don't know about water level etc, which would be handy.

• 2 weeks later...

If your having a snipe at me fella, I was only trying to find out practical information, mainly about boats, not how to fish for them!

It is an interesting point to make though as the line is very fine..

.. the same post could be put on nearly every thread on here.. why are you talking about rigs, I designed my own, get out there.. why are you talking about bait, I labouriously tested every bait ingredient and recipe myself, get out there.. etc etc :wink: