Line clip use?

Dicky123

On 17 June 2019 at 17:32, Dicky123 said:

If you use them "all the time" do you think your fishing is in a bit of a rut, and you're just doing the same old thing over and over? Just asking, thinking about my own fishing too?

On 17 June 2019 at 19:29, Golden Paws said:

All the time! Probably a bit OCD but like to have the bail at '12 O'Clock' and the line clip is then closest and the line follows the blank to the first eye which makes sense to me.

I normally use running leads, so as the line pulls tight and 'snaps' out the clip it creates a 'shock' strike, converting slow runs or pulls into a sudden definite run. 

If i'm using bolt rig/tight line, the clip shows up slack line if a fish gives a slow drop back.

The bail arm at 12 o-clock I found is my preferred position; I find it gives better indication, there is more movement on the indicator even if I'm not using line clips.

My The Ones have built in line clips on the rods themselves, but I did used to use Delkim Clips, which I would position right next to the handle.