lac de juvigny in champagne?

joebrooks86

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Fished it last year and booked again for the first week of MAy 08.

The best tips I can give you are as follows:

1) Don't waste loads of money on bait, pop ups etc, |I spent a fortune last year and they all produced nothing.

2) Chris who owns it is a good lad listen to what he tells you and you won't go far wrong.

3) Pegs are all very much the same you just need to find the bars.

4) Just buy a bucket of tigers off Chris and some of his tiger nut boilies and that is all you need.

5) if you have a boat with a sounder on great if not Chris has rowing boats with an echo sounder that you will need.

6) you need to row around until you find a bar typically you are in 16ft of water and the bars are small where they come up to 10ft. Take 3/4 H block markers, find them in the day and then drop you tiger nut on them with a dozen or so free offerings around it tightly grouped

7) you will need the boat as you need to be bang on the mark, litterally a yard or 2 off it and you will not get a pick up.

8) nights and early mornings are the best, we were there last year in last week of April and it was 90'c so during the day not much happened.

9) local town is only 5 mins away with a huge supermarket and a little sq that has some good cafe bars, spent our afternoons having a pint and watching the local french ladies!!

10) even in the heat could not get them on floaters or Zigs and Chris told us that they very rarely fall for them.

overall good place food is good and well located for shops etc

The week we were there 6 40's were out and plenty of 30's top rod has 7 fish with 3 40's so its not baggin up time but the fish are worth catching.

enjoy.........

• 4 months later...

Well, didn't do too good ! Got there on the sat lunchtime and it was blistering hot. Most of the swims were under water so wasn't much choice of where to fish ! :(

Anyway, after a bad draw settled for peg 3, opposite the point swim which was taken.

After finding some bars with the boat, markering them & not casting straight in (waiting for evening) did a bit of lure fishing and had a pike bout 5lb.

Sunday weather was as saturday hot again but ended with a t-storm in the early hours. From then on It rained every day. :( we had the only swim with no gravel on it, so ended up in a mud bath.

Took just 1 fish on wed at 3am a common of 27lb.

My mate who doubled up with me had a 31lb mirror, 38lb 12oz common and a lovely mirror at 40lb 15oz. again in the middle of the night.

Fish took Tigers and maize with ground tiger sticks and tiger slime.

Shower was good but as there's not electricity on site, you needed to tell Chris the owner when you wanted to have one as it run on a generator he kept in his van.

Over all, due to the lake being flooded, limiting swim choice, i can't say i really enjoyed it. I do think i'd go back again sometime but later in the year.

• 3 weeks later...

fished it and looked after the lakes when chris is away.

pm me for info,

chats and crays have been bad, especially in high summer months. more bait theft off chat and a few rigs damaged by the crays so keep an eye on ur terminal tackle.

always use netting/webbing on any fish meal/pellet baits.

i always air drie my freezer baits rock hard too.

if u search lac du juvigny on north west carp forum i have done a brief map on there wit few spots.

end of july/august usually the biggest bags of fish, but the 60's all seem to get caught in march and november.

water levels all over the marne department are close to flood uptil early/late may.

past few years the fishing has been slow due to 4-7 feet of extra water in most lakes around this time of the year.

swims 3 and 4 close in margins and fishing towards the snags (swim 10), swims 10 and 9 also towards the snags. if swims 6 and 1 are free most will drift into the top bays, pads and little humps at medium range towards the bbq area will find the fish.

upto late april most rods have produces that are left in place for 48hrs+,

single hookbaits roving during the day seem to work better as well, away from the baited areas of course.

row boat/echo sounder is a must, loads of weed and humps/bars to shake a stick at.

strawberry and tigers both have there fits and fads of action on juvigny.

technispice did well on cooler days.

hope this helps liam

• 2 weeks later...