Bromeswell Lakes

For those in Suffolk I thought I would put forward this little venue, of 2 lakes and a couple of stock ponds (no fishing), of mixed species, some nice roach, tench, carp and bream.

I will give warning though, there are crayfish present though, and at least one big eel, of about 4lb, which was discovered munching them in a crayfish trap.

The two fishable lakes are Willow and Horseshoe.

Willow is basically rectangular, with an island separating the two sides, and the carp go to around 14lb as well as the other species.

Horseshoe got its name as it is or correctly was basically Horseshoe shaped, however it has recently been extended slightly, a bay dug out leaving an island. The largest carp landed has been weighed at over 25lb, with another couple of 20's, although most are around 7lb.

Working baits are obviously boilies, Sweetcorn, maize and pellet, although they do love a floating bait.

At one end is the boathouse, and you can only fish from the central section, pegs run along the right hand bank of the centre point. The far bank is no more than 15metres away at its furthest.

The other side you are fishing from the main bank towards the centre section, although towards the point you can be opposite someone.

Another warning, a couple of swims do have crayfish traps attached to the stagings by cup hooks. Do not move them, or I will kill you:wink::shock::lol:

The bailiff, Maurice, or owner Jon Hudson comes round to collect day ticket money on the bank.

I will put the website up, but it is hopefully about to be rebuilt

http://www.bromeswell-lakes.net/index.htm

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg