Zig Rig ??

Hi..still new to Carp Fishing but im sure im hetting there now.

A friend was out today and went up for a ride...asked what/how he was fishing and reied "using Zigs" i didn't want to sound thick so just said oh rite...

What are the full useage of zigs...is it a way of surface fishing or summat.

OMG...wot a read...so basically depends on depth of water but can be used anywere instead of surface fishing or using a float/controller...

But have been looking at the Korda pre tied rigs but its weird how they will just take foam but i know it should be gooed/flavoured..

Might even try small 8mm pop ups doubled up first..

🎣🎣🎣

Thanks so far..

Carp spend most of there time somewhere in the water column depending on weather conditions, zigs allow you to try and fish for them in areas other than the surface or the bottom.

Pop ups will work as will foam, with foam it is more likely what it is made up of that makes them take it unflavoured (try listening to the first Frank Warwick carp cast), personally I have had success soaking foam in CC Moore;s Natural Blend (not available any more :( ), I think Nige soaks his in Essentials Thaumatin-B and I have friends that use Betalin (Both are similar sweet based products) as well with good success rates.