Lake with underwater trees

manos

Hi 

i am from Greece and recently i visited a small lake in a private property with only carps. The lake was build at 1994 and after 2 years 30.000 small carps were introduced in the 16 meters deep waters. The owner uses the water for his farm and no one has ever fished there. This was obvious as i saw carps of different sizes passing very near the margins.Also the owner told me that he sees occasionally fish splashing  on the surface at enormous sizes, I didnt even think  to fish as the underwater trees  pevented the  whole idea. Scattered  a few baits on the surface but there was no acticity. With my portable fish sonar i discovered 2 clear spots with a perimeter about  20 meters.

Any thoughts about  how to fish this lake will be very very usefull.

1.jpg

3.jpg

Sweetcorn or maize in the margins, introduce it in patches around the lake, you'll know when they're on it as you will see them kicking up the bottom.

Those trees look like trouble (and fish), make sure you are tackled up for them.

Welcome to the forum Manos, you lucky person :)

I will go prebaiting on sweet corn  for the beggining near the margins and braid as well but i am almost sure that the big guys are scrolling near the trees. And If by luck one get hooked will reach those trees in seconds. I estimate (from what i saw and the age of the lake)  that the biggest fish are around 50-60 lbs. Anyway because here is raining 2 days now and the dirt road to the lake consists of clay it will draw back my plans for a while. I'll keep you informed about my results.

regards Manos

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

After a hot day ( 93°F) results : manage to get in the net 3 fish all early in the morning. Sadly 2 carps after a  ferocious run got tangled in the underwater trees. Very difficult water but plenty of fish splashing with scaring sounds  in the middle of the lake leaving large circles.
Bait: snowman fishmeal(lt94/herring meal/Robin red/salts/Black pepper) with corn on one rod   and    greek red saffron corn boilies on the second rod .
Prebaited the area with 1 kilo of boilies and 2 kilos of particles.
The weather will get worse the following days making the lake road inaccessible. Hope next spring to arrive at this water with more bright ideas. 

IMG_20171022_160503.jpg

IMG_20171022_160508.jpg