Carpstar pleasure dome

Been looking at day shelters anyone had a carpstar pleasure dome it has a zip off front , ground sheet and a vented back for £80 seems a good shelter for the money i already have an overnight bivvy with overwrap but wanna look after it ... so i thort i would get summin cheap for the odd day session here and there that didnt break the bank.

The chub pro looks good but has no vent and is around the 120 mark 

The sonik sks is 100 but i just dnt like the look of it haha.

And as for condensation it helps when your firsty :D i think i have used my overwrap a handful of times tbh they are just another thing to lugg to the lake bulky and heavy and if you cannot live with a little condensation you shouldn't be fishing.

The only time they come in handy is when its minus degrees out and you cannot feel your toes then i might get it out if i can be bothered.

I do agree on the big bivvy being stronger in heavy winds, unless you peg an umbrella down with its back to the wind you could be in for a starry night...

Overwraps for an oval aren't that big or bulky to carry. Mine is around 45cm long with maybe 10-15cm across and fits in the rod sling pocket with my umbrella.

They aren't new, but trying looking at JRC Contact bivvies and brolly systems. Even though they are claimed as brollies, the framework looks more like outer poles than a real brolly

13 minutes ago, ianain said:

:confused:

:lol:

I think I know what he means; there are a number of farm irrigation reservoirs in Suffolk and Essex where the lake is actually built up of a clay lining and above the normal ground level, almost like at the top of a hill.

14 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I think I know what he means; there are a number of farm irrigation reservoirs in Suffolk and Essex where the lake is actually built up of a clay lining and above the normal ground level, almost like at the top of a hill.

Thats what i ment ... floating water ahahaha my bad ... salo check my blog there is summin you might like a read of in there mate your neck of the woods.