Rod handle types.

:lol:

Abbreviated handle, basically just the reel seat with a bit of duplon or shrink tube along at the butt.

Full handle, the reel seat and then duplon or cork all along to the butt end.

Proper tarty is a set of rods with full cork :wink:

Yeah I was looking at the Greys Aircurves. They do the abbreviated handle, which seems basically to be just the visible carbon blank with the reel seat and the standard bit of covered butt section at the end, then they do a shrink wrapped one, which just seems to make the butt section a little thicker and Matt black rather than carbon, then they do the cork version. The cork was tempting. Not been something I've looked at before. I ended up going with the abbreviated. Nice and understated, and they'll look the part on my pod. Went for 3.25lb, 12ft. Fishing a couple of lakes later this year and next that may need a slightly longer chuck, and as I quite like a solid bag now and again the 3.25s seemed a good option. Not too much of a broomstick for my smaller intimate venues either. Still a 90 yard chuck to hotspots from some swims though, even on the 3 acre pool. Distance casting is not my specialty by a long way, but I'm getting a lot better. Something a bit more built to put it out there with accuracy in mind should help in addition to my improved technique. Hopefully! :)