Prestons/pebmarsh lake

Hi all not been on for a while but anyway I have joined CAPS this year and I am after any upto date info on one of the lakes called Prestons and some people call it Pebmarsh I have had a look on the CAPS website but no real good info and I have taken a look on here but there is nothing really upto date so any info would be a great help as I'm hoping to do a 48hr in a couple of weeks. Cheers

Other than the CAPS info on the website little is written about most of their waters.

They are a busy club, many waters are very crowded at the weekends.

Sadly there is nothing on the forum recently about any of the lakes.

Hi, heres some info for you.... 

The lake was created from an old stream that was dammed several years ago. There is an old stream bed that still runs pretty much through the middle of the lake. This can be pretty snaggy, so have a good lead around to find it.

The deepest end is the dam end to the left of the car park and the right hand of the lake is the shallowest. The lake bed is a bit silty but not too bad. Some areas of gravel can be found. Again, have a lead around and see what you find.

No monsters in there,,,,, a few thirties and plenty of twenties. Biggest ive had is around the 25lb.

Standard tactics have worked for me in the past, however i havnt fished it for s couple of years. Have a look for signs of fish and start from there and beware of the freshwater crays!

Hope that helps a bit?

Hi, heres some info for you.... 

The lake was created from an old stream that was dammed several years ago. There is an old stream bed that still runs pretty much through the middle of the lake. This can be pretty snaggy, so have a good lead around to find it.

The deepest end is the dam end to the left of the car park and the right hand of the lake is the shallowest. The lake bed is a bit silty but not too bad. Some areas of gravel can be found. Again, have a lead around and see what you find.

No monsters in there,,,,, a few thirties and plenty of twenties. Biggest ive had is around the 25lb.

Standard tactics have worked for me in the past, however i havnt fished it for s couple of years. Have a look for signs of fish and start from there and beware of the freshwater crays!

Hope that helps a bit?

That's great Mikey, thanks for the info sounds like it's worth a bash then, just one question are the crayfish a big problem on the venue?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for late response.... its been a couple of years since i last fished over there so dont know if its a major problem. I must admit i didnt see any whilst i did fish that one time. I did however get loads of little taps on my rods through the day and night and every time i wound in my baits were missing. When i mentioned this to one of the regular guys down there he said " oh, that will be the crayfish "

If you are joining CAPs, why not give the 2 Bovi lakes a go at Hatfield Peveral? Lovely looking lakes and a few " surprises " in them...