Edenbrook Fishery- Oxted

• 2 years later...

Hi there.

Ive fished this lake once before I had an 11lb my brother fishin in my swim had a 19lb and the two blokes from my brothers work who took us here had doubles all within a 12hour session.

Speaking to the owner the lake is 15 years old and if you go into the toilet iver by the big tin sheds you will see loads of photos of fish including a massive fish which looks like a grass carp, been told this is a belgium blue but looking on the internet cant find any info about such fish.

Im going to try and fish this lake on a regular basis so if anybody has any information about the lake then id be greatfull

• 7 years later...

I know this is a very old thread but thought I would give you all an update about Edenbrook.

A colleague who lives only a minute away from there has fished it several times this year and has never failed to catch (or so he says). His biggest so far on Meridian lake is 16lb 6oz. I have been on that lake three times in the past month and have caught several carp between 3-10 lb. I have to say it is very nice and well maintained. I will be going back again next weekend and regularly throughout the summer. My colleague is off next week and aims to go there 2-3 times so we shall see what happens.

The main lake does hold a lot of big fish but it is a very hard place to fish. You do have to put the hours in and you need to appreciate that it will be very busy at the weekends. 

Meridian however is often nearly empty and there are a few good swims. This lake apparently does hold a few fish around the low 20's.

My only criticism is the lack of parking. A small car park which every time I have been there contains old vans that never seem to move and a piece of old farm machinery. That said I can think of other places that are as bad.

Booking in advance is a must!! They do restrict the number of anglers and will ask you at the time of booking, which lake you wish to fish.