Slaters Pits lowestoft

Hi guys, ive just found out about slaters pit in lowestoft and just wondered if anyone has fished it and what its like, planning to pop down to have a look at it as soon as i find out exactly where it is. and if i am right i believe it is also free to fish there, any info would be great,

thanks,

Taddy,

Cor that's a blast from the past, I used to fish there as a teenager (a few years ago haha). If I remember rightly it was normanston drive area. Best bet would b have a work with them in angling direct in Beccles and c if anyone remembers the place

just a few years? haha yeah i know its roughly in that area going to have to pop up there and have a look there is a facebook page for it with some nice looking carp and tench on however the admin seems to be slow at adding people to the group so cant ask about on there, ok will pop in there need to pick up some more pellets etc anyway so will have a word then, thanks :)

• 1 year later...

Hi there,

I have lived opposite slaters pit for 31 years and believe me it's been absolutely wrecked. There used to be good fishing in there several years ago but holligans threw shopping trolleys mopeds etc in the pond . This is the story... Several years ago (while i was still living near the pit and still am ) the river authority cleaned the pond out. The fish were all taken out of the pond and they did this under the understanding ALL the fish would be returned. There was a lorry full of rubbish came out of the pond. After they cleared the pond of the crap only the small fish were put back. These fish have been hooked so many times especially by in-experienced people that they have lips missing and some are deformed. It really isn't worth fishing. I have fished all my life for the past 53 years and i would not waste my time fishing slaters pit. 

If you want to know the location. Aim for Kirby Cane Walk and you will see a field. Slaters pit is at the top end of the field near the woods. You can't miss it. It is free fishing as it is not a privately owned pond but you are  not allowed to fish out of season (although people do fish there illegally.) You also need a fishing licence.

I hope this helps you. Oh and by the way there are only a few places where you can set up and fish. 

Hi there,

I have lived opposite slaters pit for 31 years and believe me it's been absolutely wrecked. There used to be good fishing in there several years ago but holligans threw shopping trolleys mopeds etc in the pond . This is the story... Several years ago (while i was still living near the pit and still am ) the river authority cleaned the pond out. The fish were all taken out of the pond and they did this under the understanding ALL the fish would be returned. There was a lorry full of rubbish came out of the pond. After they cleared the pond of the stinky winky only the small fish were put back. These fish have been hooked so many times especially by in-experienced people that they have lips missing and some are deformed. It really isn't worth fishing. I have fished all my life for the past 53 years and i would not waste my time fishing slaters pit. 

If you want to know the location. Aim for Kirby Cane Walk and you will see a field. Slaters pit is at the top end of the field near the woods. You can't miss it. It is free fishing as it is not a privately owned pond but you are  not allowed to fish out of season (although people do fish there illegally.) You also need a fishing licence.

I hope this helps you. Oh and by the way there are only a few places where you can set up and fish. 

hi there teresa and welcome to the forum, this thread is over a year old and i dare say the mr-jermy has found out by now but really good info for anyone else that may be interested :wink: