Drayton Res

dannyash

Hello everyone, I'm sure you've probably seen thousands of topics on drayton, I'm going down on the 8th of march with a group of lads who have fished it previously. Were having a little match between ourselves, what method would you chose? I know its stuffed full of fish, i just unsure of how it fished at this time of year, any tips would be appreciated. Thanks

Get there early, it gets very busy, you may struggle to park let alone find a peg.

Can't help on tactics sorry, but think most will work.

Are you local danny.

thanks mate, any info is great, I'm coming down from stoke mate. 

Couple of the lads have been before, just looking to get an edge on them :wink: 

• 2 years later...

Fish a zig 3/4 depth and spod over it they come to the spod on the same area fish a bottom bait with your other rod as soon as dusk hits they hammer whats on the bottom and often move in big shoals so as soon as you have fish in the net have another rod ready clipped up and get amongst them .

Theres over 7500 fish and they are starving so as long as you keep a spod going in every 20 min or after every fish and take plenty of decent bait you will do well . On average most fish about 16lb and keep it simple no fancy rigs just stripped back coated braid 😉

i've fished it once and was knackered by the end of the day as it's not my usual type of venue (typically prefer low stock natural venues) i found the best tactic was to fish as far as you comfortably can, with 6 - 7 foot zigs and spod over the top, the spod mix doesn't need to be complicated i used a bag of mainlines slop/zig mix and some squashed/flaked maize which was boiled until it was really soft and soupy, mixed them both together and just kept it going in all day. On that particular day red foam was the winner however like most things i'm sure it can change.