Gosfield Lake, Essex

Gosfield Lake

I heard about this Lake years ago, and know where it is and that there is Water Skiing on the same Lake and that there were plenty of Matches won with Skimmer Bream.

I also heard of a few BIG Carp in there, just wondered if anyone knows anymore about it regarding Fish Sizes. I know what the Rumour Mill says, but would like to know the Truth if anyone is able to say any more.

What is the cost of Season Ticket?

Is it an easy or Hard water for the Carp?

• 1 month later...

gosfield lake brings back some fond memories i used to live 2 miles away it was the first big lake my dad ever took me i spent most of the school holidays fishing there some 40 years ago there was a good head of 20s back in those days and some huge pike the favoured swims used to be the grove in the corner by the waterfall and over the far side by the ski jump where the ski boat had made a channel. if you look on an o/s map the stream runs down to another lake called sparrows pond got the chance to fish it quite a bit in later years as ihad gone to school with the game keeper it was rumoured when gosfield lake flooded a lot of the big fish ended up there . ive no idea what the situation is now but if anyone could get the chance to fish it now grab it with both hands its an old estate lake that reeked of redmire there must still be some really big carp left in there.

I can remember it being on the Halstead Ticket as they used to hold regular Matches on it that were often won with Netful of Skimmers or Bream.

I did hear of a couple of Big Name Anglers fished it and had a very secret Fish that was larger than has been put on their website. Have seen some pictures of the Fish and I would put it at the claimed weight, just wasn't sure if the water was the right one.

Long Walk, thats nothing, I used to fish Taverham Mills :wink::roll::lol:

Pure speculation from me, but I used to work on Halstead high street about 4 years ago. I was forever in the tackle shop by the bridge at lunchtimes. From what I could gather Gosfield had carp in it up to 38lb, but how true that is I don't know.

It's a pity carp unlimited isn't still going as I know Pete had soemthing to do with Gosfield in days gone by.

Pure speculation from me, but I used to work on Halstead high street about 4 years ago. I was forever in the tackle shop by the bridge at lunchtimes. From what I could gather Gosfield had carp in it up to 38lb, but how true that is I don't know.

It's a pity carp unlimited isn't still going as I know Pete had soemthing to do with Gosfield in days gone by.

Shame about that as I used to go into Carp Unlimited and Snags as much as possible for information.

• 2 years later...
woodard

Posted: 27th Apr 2010 21:48 Post subject: gosfield lake essex

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

going at weekend for few night but didnt no if anyone knows much about the sydicate price is it worth joining any info would be great