gawsworth hall hows it fishing at the moment

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi mate i was up there yesterday and there were some lads who had been on for 48 hrs and had 9 fish between them losing 4.

I've not been up there for a while and what changes there has been, it's never been an easy water but if you get into them there are some lumps to be had, I've had them up to 26lbs so i know there in there.

Good luck if your going to try it.

• 1 month later...

Me and my mate will each have a 1kg bag of spicy shrimp and prawn boilies (probably won't get through all that though). Also got various pellets and groundbaits to make a nice mixture for some sticks.

I keep checking the weather and it looks like i might be getting wet! :roll:

Got there Friday at 12 noon and left Saturday 3pm without so much as a single bleep :roll:

Apparently the fish were spawning and not interested in much else.

I didn't see or hear anyone else around the lake get anything either so at least i know it wasn't just me.

I have heard today off the local tackle shop man that there are fish coming out and not to put much bait in.

What methods did you use and baits?

I will try something different to you and let you know how i get on,

I am going with me mate and we are going to try allsorts.

Paulo!

P.s Heard the fish are in the margins at the mo, gonna put a line there.

Didn't really put that much bait in TBH, it seemed to be fairly pointless once we realised there was little chance of catching so we just got the beers out and lit the bbq :P

We didn't see them spawning, infact we didn't see anything. I don't really know what they do when they spawn or how long it lasts etc. but we assumed they were all cream crackered?

It's a shame if he has taken some out but it sounds feasible.

We used spicy shrimp and prawn boilies which usually get some interest and seem to be favourite on there. Also i put some pellets and groundbait into a pva sausage and threaded onto a 6" hooklink. I've caught a few on there before using this method, but you can't win every time i suppose.

It's not put me off though, i've just booked the 15th off work so i can go back and try again, yeh!

I have heard today off the local tackle shop man that there are fish coming out and not to put much bait in.

What methods did you use and baits?

I will try something different to you and let you know how i get on,

I am going with me mate and we are going to try all sorts.

Paulo!

PS Heard the fish are in the margins at the mo, gonna put a line there.

Your approach may pay off just depends how many are on, I've caught doing it both ways putting plenty in and also just a pva bag.

In the margins you some times get plagued with the barbel that are in the water, and you don't need to be tight to the island either.

It can be a funny water at times its a pity John won't say what is in there, as it can cost a lot to fish for more than 24hrs.

A up lads

Just returned from Gawsworth.

Ha Ha what a waste of time, they are obviously still spawning.

Got on there for 6am and saw a little movement but they wernt going mad, me and my mate set up opposite the island and chucked our 1st rods out with boilies on both over pva bags filled with pellets and hemp. Not a sniff all day, we had 1 knock each which i am putting down to a line bite anyway.I put my second in the margins where i saw a little movment in the first couple of hours in the morning. Got a run and landed a 1lb-2lb Chub.I baited the margins all day just little and often. Moved me rod around the lake and back to the margins.Nothing!

Come 10am there was no movement at all.

Spoke to John and he said they are spawning and because the weather is unusually cold they are taking a long time to do it and are showing no intrest in food. We tried everything but no luck.

There were 2 lads in the corner with 3 rods each out and not even a knock on any, there were a few lads who came and went within a couple of hours.

It hasnt put me off, just bad timing i suppose.Gonna try again in a month or so, let it warm up

Anyway, keep up dated on how you all get on.

Only been on there once this year so far (see above), but i'm meant to be going this friday and staying until saturday evening but i've just checked the weather on metcheck and the headline on the homepage reads "European Monsoon" :shock:

I'll put a post on after the weekend and let you know how wet i got.

Sounds promising mate. Let us know how you get on, I'm going next friday so it would be good to hear some positive reports before i go so good luck mate.

I came back yesterday, The lake is beautiful but i'm sorry to say that i only had one carp that was 5lb, me dad had a 3lber and all the other guys around the lake had the odd one. There was three guys a coyuple of pegs down from me and didn't have anything all weekend.

The biggest carp that came out was 12lb and that was on sinking bread up the corner right by where you first walk onto the lake. But is was that hot the fish were just basking, i could see all of them but they just weren't feeding, i think only 3-4 fish came to surface baits.

There was a match on the canal behind us and they were having a worse fishing day than us on the lake, some of the guys didn't even have 1 fish.

But saying all that i'm glad to say that i'm going back once it starts to cool down a bit.

Sounds promising mate. Let us know how you get on, I'm going next Friday so it would be good to hear some positive reports before i go so good luck mate.

I came back yesterday, The lake is beautiful but I'm sorry to say that i only had one carp that was 5lb, me dad had a 3lber and all the other guys around the lake had the odd one. There was three guys a couple of pegs down from me and didn't have anything all weekend.

The biggest carp that came out was 12lb and that was on sinking bread up the corner right by where you first walk onto the lake. But is was that hot the fish were just basking, i could see all of them but they just weren't feeding, i think only 3-4 fish came to surface baits.

There was a match on the canal behind us and they were having a worse fishing day than us on the lake, some of the guys didn't even have 1 fish.

But saying all that I'm glad to say that I'm going back once it starts to cool down a bit.

Not so sure on the lake being beautiful mate!! But then again i know what you must of gone through as the carp in there seem to always cruise around even if the weather isn't hot.

Like i said in another post on here it has become a really difficult fishery, and i think john should make it in to a syndicate water and stuff it with plenty of carp and get rid of the silver fish, the reason i say this is he wants it to be one of the premiere carp waters in the north west so to do that he is going to have to reduce the number who can night fish at any one time and police it better he has plenty of other waters to let pleasure and match anglers fish so up the carp lads and lasses.

Rant over.