East Sussex Carping.

Hi guys, after many years away from the carp scene, I finally have the majority of my tackle sorted now and was wondering if any forum members are from (or fish) East Sussex, especially around the Eastbourne area? I am hoping to fish at Falkenvil fishery (the mushroom farm) and would like to know if anyone has fished the specimen lake there. I have fished the other lakes and done well (kinda hard not to really) but have not been able to speak to anyone who has tried the specimen lake as yet. Would love to know of any members experiences/advice from this area if possible,

Cheers,

Vinny. :D

Hi Vinny,

I'm not really much help to you as I have only fished the Speci Lake at Falkenvil once, but I hope to get back there and have another go later in the season. Nice little lake, only a few swims and quite a trek from the car park. The day I went it was bloody horrible, blowing a gale and either rain or hailstones for most of the day.

It was muddy too....VERY muddy.

I was the only one fishing it that day and blanked. Not a twitch.

I understand the biggest fish in there is a Grassie at just under 30?

The owner (Keith?) is a friendly guy, very chatty, and will give you some good pointers if you ask him.

As I say, I intend to go back and give it another bash soon. If you fancy a trip over there PM me. I live in Bexhill on Sea by the way.

But that warning again....it's quite a trek from the car park to the water. If you are planning on taking a load of gear, best either borrow or buy a barrow!

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Rob

I dropped my 16 yr old there last week early(6ish) and they let us drive round to the speci to unload all his gear,the ground is rock hard at the moment so its not a problem as long you dont drive like a rally driver they dont mind lol :lol:

He blanked though !! Ha ha :D

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi guys

I have just been medically retired from work with heart failure.

I used to do a fair bit of sea fishing back in the day but, now I want to do some carping, my brother is a keen carper as are a good few of my family.

Anyway, I live in Eastbourne and am very interested to hear you r comments on Falkenvil, but I it has also been suggested that I give Amazon Wood in Polegate a go, especially as I am not quite so interested, at this stage, in catching specimen carp, although it was always nice to land the bigger fish.

I have bought the set up to get going but just wondered what your thoughts were with venues for a novice carper.

I should say that I am not wheelchair bound but mobility of too greater distance may be a problem, hence I bought myself a fishing barrow.

Thoughts please?