Where to go - West Mids

Hi guys, planning a trip for either all day Sunday or 24 hours starting Sunday through Monday.

2 of us fishing of different experience, so Ideally would like some easy water for good action for me(the weaker one), and a chance at some 20+(maybe even 30 if we're lucky) for him.

I need to build up my experience, so a place with plenty of action is really a must.

From West Mids but willing to drive a reasonable distance(60 miles or so). Maybe further if necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

We ended up going to Sherwood Fishery close to Mansfield(about 60 miles). One straight road up the A38, leaving at 5.30am and setting back at 9.30pm the roads are clear and we do it in about an hour.

Caught around 35 fish between us, I had 17, 15 of which on the surface. The 2 on the bottom were only 2-3lb, the rest were 5-12lb.

Nothing but good experience for a novice like me though. A year of this and I reckon I will be ok to move onto something a bit more difficult.

I had started carp fishing when a friend introduced me to it and took me straight to the specimen lakes at Shatterford(under his supervision obviously). I found it way too hard though and was demoralised by constant blanking. I never went for 5 years.

Doing it the right way this time.

Loved it at Sherwood, cant wait to get back there!

Chadz, may I say that it's really refreshing to hear from an angler who's prepared to admit that he feels the need for a learning curve?

I'm impressed, and delighted to sense the obvious pleasure that you're getting from your fishing. Good man!

Enjoy your fishing, it's a great way of wasting time. :wink:

Ian