Coventry canal (carp fishing)

Is anybody up for a session of carp fishing on Coventry canal? I'm looking to start fishing the canal after mainly fishing local fisheries for carp. I live near the Ricoh arena but don't mind fishing any part of the Coventry canal day or night. If anyone is interested let me know and we'll arrange something.

That's helpful lol, well pm me and i'll give you my number make it easier to chat than online. I went for a ride down the Coventry canal today and saw six guys fishing in total and none of them have caught a carp and they had fished the canal for at least two years. Just goes to show you've got to pick a good spot and know what bait to use and how to use it effectively.

• 1 month later...

hi me and my friend have recently started doing a few overnight seshions carping on the cov canal. we havent had any carp yet we have just had a few bream n tench we have been fishing the streches by sutton stop and a section just past brinklow. are next seshion we will fishing around the caultalds area if you if are up for it.

Guest Anonymous

A good stretch on that canal is along Electric wharf and into the city centre as far as the old climax works and going out as far as the old prince William pub that is now a paving slab show room. There are commons and mirror carp in there has been for a long time now. On a gin clear summers day you might see what looks like a very large leather carp bobbing along the bottom just after the cashes lane bridge, most of the lads that fish for the carp along there use a float rod with sweet corn and maggot, plus, there are some lovely big bream and tench, gotta fish it at the right times though

Guest Anonymous

If you do fish the canal I mentioned , let us know how you get on. I used to live in matlock road right on the canal. The bend just after the matlock road entrance always holds the bigger fish, Worms are a great bait along there in the summer months and per baiting a number of different swims with a flavoured corn works really well.

Hi have you had any luck with canal carping as me and my mate have been doing some night sessions on the cov canal between fazley and hopwos but all we seems to be pulling out is bream. We have been useing 15mm cell boillies and the good old meat and corn. Has anyone got any more tips we could try please :D

I have a friend in the Tamworth,polesworth area keeping an eye on the canal for me now, so could be worth a start there.

We recently installed some wrought iron handrails in the rear garden of a house in Amington, not far from Polesworth. The garden backs onto the Coventry Canal and the owner, a non-angler, told us that he frequently sees fish "as long as your arm" in there. My son showed him a picture of a carp, photographed from above. "That's the fellers" was the reply.

Ian

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
On 07/05/2013 at 04:01, fletch_28 said:

Is anybody up for a session of carp fishing on Coventry canal? I'm looking to start fishing the canal after mainly fishing local fisheries for carp. I live near the Ricoh arena but don't mind fishing any part of the Coventry canal day or night. If anyone is interested let me know and we'll arrange something.

On 07/05/2013 at 22:00, fletch_28 said:

That's helpful lol, well pm me and i'll give you my number make it easier to chat than online. I went for a ride down the Coventry canal today and saw six guys fishing in total and none of them have caught a carp and they had fished the canal for at least two years. Just goes to show you've got to pick a good spot and know what bait to use and how to use it effectively.

There's a lot of romis around lads , carp will be somewhere I'm gonna have a go this year in the spring  but back to like An zander  now for the colder months I'll be down the Rico stretch  I know im abit late but (I know this naughty word is banned but I decided to use it any way because I can't control myself) it , 

On 07/05/2013 at 04:01, fletch_28 said:

On 07/05/2013 at 22:00, fletch_28 said: