Mid Wales fishing.

Hello to everyone reading.

I'm lucky enough that my folks own a caravan in Mid Wales (I must say it was a great up bringing getting away from my area and not having a care in the world growing up with friends of a weekend) in between the towns of Welshpool and Newtown. It will be open again soon.

These days however, i will be using it as a place to stay after weekend fishing trips, last summer I had a few trips to a day ticket lake called Fachwen Pool with my old man. We caught quiet a few fish, my dad preferring float fishing for the silvers. I've only recently got back into fishing and would like to venture father afield.

Anyone recommended lakes i could try for carp fishing? Day ticket or 24 hour session's because i dare say i'll be doing both.

Ta

Hello mate. Which caravan park?

You have Blackthorn at Oswestry, Merrington a bit further on near Baschurch. Spring Rock near Llandrindod Wells. A chap who used to work in our llandod branch owns that but I have never fished it.

Not sure what actual llandod lake is like now but has some real history :wink:

You could always get an intermediate membership at Wynnstay carp lake. It's the old lindersfarne college lake on the Watkins Williams Wynn estate.

At Whitchurch you have Blakemere leisure which I can highly recommend. Just don't nip out for a steak dinner!!!!

Near Gatten is quite close on one of the back roads to Shrewsbury near Rattlinghope. It's a nice small, peaceful lake where you won't even hear a car!

That should give you a bit of choice, all have websites to look at. Failing that, pop into total angling in Shrewsbury and they can put you on to a fair few other lakes that might suit. Places like Church Stretton and a new one that I can't for the life of me remember the name of.

The river Severn is always worth a bash. Right in your doorstep and some monster barbel have been had for being so far up the river!

Hope this helps.

Hello mate. Which caravan park?

You have Blackthorn at Oswestry, Merrington a bit further on near Baschurch. Spring Rock near Llandrindod Wells. A chap who used to work in our llandod branch owns that but I have never fished it.

Not sure what actual llandod lake is like now but has some real history :wink:

You could always get an intermediate membership at Wynnstay carp lake. It's the old lindersfarne college lake on the Watkins Williams Wynn estate.

At Whitchurch you have Blakemere leisure which I can highly recommend. Just don't nip out for a steak dinner!!!!

Near Gatten is quite close on one of the back roads to Shrewsbury near Rattlinghope. It's a nice small, peaceful lake where you won't even hear a car!

That should give you a bit of choice, all have websites to look at. Failing that, pop into total angling in Shrewsbury and they can put you on to a fair few other lakes that might suit. Places like Church Stretton and a new one that I can't for the life of me remember the name of.

The river Severn is always worth a bash. Right in your doorstep and some monster barbel have been had for being so far up the river!

Hope this helps.

Thank's alot mate, I'll give all these abit of a look through. Like i said only recently got back into the fishing scene so i can't wait to get back on the banks again.

Gwernydd Hall is the caravan park. My mom has been going down there with her folks since she was 4 and has loved it ever since. They have 2 pools on site that have just been stocked with small carp but i think i caught everyone last summer. Need bigggger :wink:

Nige should be on soon he knows all things welsh for that area :wink::lol:

Can't swear. Will tell you at Cromwell what I want to say to you. Ill be behind grim and Mick when I say it though!!!! And after I've pinched a banana beer off of you! Xxx

I couldn't resist .... And if your behind them 2 I'd never see you :shock::lol:

Seriously though this sums up what a good old forum this is with your willingness to help out new members ..... Good on ya nige 8)

When your next down, pop into Welshpool and I will show you a few places to get you started again. Message me when your down and I will let you know where I work so you can come in for a coffee.

I will take you up on that cheers! I think the site opens in another month but i'm unsure when i'll be down next due to work commitments etc etc.

Thanks look forward to the tea (don't like coffee) :lol::wink: