Norfolk Waters?

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for your help, i have made inquiries regarding Costessey and the news is very bleak,... Otter predation has caused such serious carp/fish depletion to such an extent its not worth fishing. :(:( And the cost of fencing protection apparently is way beyond affordable means :cry:

Costessey Number 3 was always a low stock difficult fishery with old fish. I think that when I lived in Norfolk it only contained 10 fish, and that now is a lot less. Probably the only water on the complex that could be fenced

The Ski Pit (No.2) was another water that took a lot of effort to get onto the fish with such difficult bankside access. Fencing No.2 is almost impossible, different landowners or controlling clubs on the various sides.

Just had a thought, it is not syndicate, and I don't know how badly affected but is Booton suitable? There are or were some decent fish in there, but it is not an easy easy water.

I ask as I don't know your disability, so am presuming you are able to walk but not long distances.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for your help, i have made inquiries regarding Costessey and the news is very bleak,... Otter predation has caused such serious carp/fish depletion to such an extent its not worth fishing. :(:( And the cost of fencing protection apparently is way beyond affordable means :cry:

Costessey Number 3 was always a low stock difficult fishery with old fish. I think that when I lived in Norfolk it only contained 10 fish, and that now is a lot less. Probably the only water on the complex that could be fenced

The Ski Pit (No.2) was another water that took a lot of effort to get onto the fish with such difficult bankside access. Fencing No.2 is almost impossible, different landowners or controlling clubs on the various sides.

Just had a thought, it is not syndicate, and I don't know how badly affected but is Booton suitable? There are or were some decent fish in there, but it is not an easy easy water.

I ask as I don't know your disability, so am presuming you are able to walk but not long distances.

My disability enables me to walk a reasonable distance with a rest,i am interested in taverham as i understand it has facilities for disabled fishing. My concern is how busy does it get? but would try to go on quite times as i am no longer working.

My disability enables me to walk a reasonable distance with a rest,i am interested in taverham as i understand it has facilities for disabled fishing. My concern is how busy does it get? but would try to go on quite times as i am no longer working.

Bear in mind it is a lot of years since I fished it, but it is a back breaking walk for anyone, especially if you go to the far side of the lake.

The river mill and bridge on the meadow are not particularly barrow friendy. The high slope angle on the meadow bridge mean that pushing a barrow over it can be painful, and the mill itself is quite narrow with a few of the old metal strips still embedded in the ground.

The lodge outside toilet was just a basic WC.

As for the Taverham swims, some of them were woodchip, some gravel, and some mud/natural, a few had wooden fronts, but some on the road bank, cow tail and the stock pond/plateau did have a high step down into them.

It was usually fairly busy at weekends, with a few swims left over, but Bank Holiday weeks it was often very crowded, and finding a swim could be a 'mare.

• 3 weeks later...
Have you looked at Bawburgh lakes website.

Yes i have heard that the owner cannot be contacted for 2013 membership :?::? .I am also trying to find out about Kingfisher :?:

Get ya self on Facebook and join the group bawbrugh fisheries all the information is on there for this season.

Also there is hallwalks lakes, charity lakes but I know that has a waiting list of 140

• 3 weeks later...