St Ives complex

gazh

Is anybody fishing on the St Ives complex at the moment? I'm looking to get on there in April time and was after any info. Not bait and rig info, I'll go in with my own bait and suit the rigs to different situations/ lake beds but any other helpful stuff about the various lakes.

• 3 weeks later...

I lived in the St Ives area for over 18 years and along with mates we used to fish the pit complex regularly my advice would be to walk the Lakes (pits) and talk to any anglers you might find. As you may know its a large complex of mainly shallow pits, it was suffering increased cormorant predation, plus otters in the area....Two of the larger waters had very heavy weed problems as the warmer weather approached. All pits contained a mixture of tench,roach,bream,perch etc in them, we generally fished in the spring/early summer and late summer on the larger pits due to the weed infestations.

I Strongly recommend you investigate before making a decision try other sites for any info or Google St Ives lake complex. :wink:

Thanks mate, I've already been on the website and I have been emailing Gordon. I'm hoping to have a look round in the next few weeks. I've since found out an old mate of mine has been fishing it and had a heads up on how difficult it is but to be honest that's how I like to fish, hard going but big rewards when you hook one.