Wensum Fisheries

hello nick 1stly thanks for all the posts youve provided loads of info and help all over the boards and have read alot of the stuff youve put up.

i was wondering if you could help you out please been fishing for a bit caught all over from norfolk to oxford, kent etc have lived almost all my life in norwich tho. I am interested in the old wensum fisheries lakes and one in perticular known as clear water i know there is nothing/not much left in No3 or the other costssey pits, and imagine the same for these pits but having walked about abit not sure which is which ?....

I was wondering if you could explain to me which lake is what, i know which the no3 and the ski pit are, but not sure what lake is what from the NDAA side, and which is one is reffered to as clear water ?

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=52.66648,1.20266&spn=0.006728,0.021136&t=h&z=16

its the 4 lakes in the pic, im sure you know them well but il clarify as best i can,

there is 1 big one and three smaller ones roughly on a line above it, right to left-long rectangualr lake, middle lake is a pondy small thing and the left lake is bigger than the other two and roughly pyramid/cone shaped, the largest lake is beneath the 3 others.

got abit of info but its not clear which was the old carp lake and which was called clearwater, and what were the other pits used for ?

thanks alot in advance...

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I can't add much more than you already know and have PM'd you.

Wensum fisheries are the gate between the Ski Pit and No.3. and the rules for them are very strict, and receive some very well controlled bailiffing.

Here is the NDAA weblink to the fishery:

http://www.ndaa.org.uk/page5.html

• 3 weeks later...
dasfocus198720

Posted: 13th Jan 2013 00:11 Post subject: wensum fisheries

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hello there im a newbie here

ive herd a rumour that wensum fisheries is being re-opened as a syndicate lake by chris oakley,i was just wondering how much of this is true?many thanks daz