Stream Valley Lakes, Crowborough, East Sussex

smufter

I've looked at that place a few times. You ever fished there before?

No mate, but I understand there are a few "lumps" in there.

A friend of mine lives just down the road in Paddock Wood and has fished there before, reckons it's ok. Two lakes, a match lake (which he is going to fish) and the speci lake, which I am going to have a bash at.

Cheap day ticket, £10.00 for two rods, so nothing much to lose!

Notice that they've recently updated their website too, which gives you the facility to book a swim in advance, which is quite handy!

Will let you know how I get on later. Weather doesn't look too bad at the moment. Fingers crossed that the rain stays off...

:wink:

Sounds like it's a little pressured. Might fish better at night?

You could be right BC. Saw quite a few of the guys bivvied up for the night, I couldn't as

a) I don't have a bivvy yet

b) I was working today

Had a great bit of news earlier. The mate that I went with yesterday is a roofer by trade. He had to go around a big nursing home in the area this morning to price a job up. There was a lovely lake in the grounds, that the manager showed him round. Big carp swimming around, and they gobble up the scraps thrown in by the kitchen and the residents also throw in scraps of bread that get them feeding. The manager has said that we can both fish it whenever we want for free. And it hasn't been fished for over 20 years.

I'm excited already!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sounds like it's a little pressured. Might fish better at night?

You could be right BC. Saw quite a few of the guys bivvied up for the night, I couldn't as

b) I was working today

Had a great bit of news earlier. The mate that I went with yesterday is a roofer by trade. He had to go around a big nursing home in the area this morning to price a job up. There was a lovely lake in the grounds, that the manager showed him round. Big carp swimming around, and they gobble up the scraps thrown in by the kitchen and the residents also throw in scraps of bread that get them feeding. The manager has said that we can both fish it whenever we want for free. And it hasn't been fished for over 20 years.

I'm excited already!!

Mate, that sounds awesome. Let us know how you get on.

• 4 years later...
On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2012 at 19:05, smufter said:

b) I was working today

I'm excited already!!

Is that a place out past Dorking way? I ask because I stopped off at a pub in that area and the landlord told me about somewhere very similar and gave me a phone number. I called, got some vaguely encouraging response but nothing ever came of it.

9 hours ago, dayvid said:

You never finished the story all them years ago .............................

Forgot about this one Dayvid.

We never did fish it in the end.... my mate's a bit of a let down.

:(

And it was near Tonbridge in Kent Pooter, so definitely not the same place mate.

Edited by smufter