Etang de Pierre La Treiche

jandb

hi guys,

do you know any thing about Etang de Pierre La Treiche such as prices, website, size of the lake. If anbody does that would be great and also does anbody know anything about the chub smart box any forum would be great.

thanks, jandb

You can get a dvd called spirit of the carp. It is set on that water with five mates fishing it as a mini match. Lee Jackson, Pete Castle, Nick Helleur, Mark Hutchinson and Simeon Bond. It a great dvd which really captures the feeling and atmosphere.

All info and prices are on Dreambreaks web site.

Have been there twice and found it first class............that was before 'Dream Breaks' stuck their beak in. It was possible to book it thro' a guy who was local to me. Lot cheaper then. Once the fact of how good it was got out, the big guns take on the booking and up goes the price. I would still recommend it tho'....even tho the catches have gone down abit. I know of two anglers that on different occasions caught 40+ fish (not 40+ pounders.......over 40 fish). I caught fish over 40lbs in weight both times I went. Saw a 50+ lb common. There a fish in excess of 60lbs that get caught.

This is their original web site.

http://www.bigfrenchcarp.com/

• 9 months later...
Have been there twice and found it first class............that was before 'Dream Breaks' stuck their beak in. It was possible to book it thro' a guy who was local to me. Lot cheaper then. Once the fact of how good it was got out, the big guns take on the booking and up goes the price. I would still recommend it tho'....even tho the catches have gone down abit. I know of two anglers that on different occasions caught 40+ fish (not 40+ pounders.......over 40 fish). I caught fish over 40lbs in weight both times I went. Saw a 50+ lb common. There a fish in excess of 60lbs that get caught.

This is their original web site.

http://www.bigfrenchcarp.com/

cheers grubby and we had a good time in damvvillers

• 4 weeks later...

was out there in september 07, loads of lines, spods, markers hanging of the islands. lots of lost fish due to underwater snags, fish tethered to the snags, lots of floating weed that drifts around the lake an makes area,s unfishable, fish starting to look tatty due to over use of tiger nut, partical fishing, fantastic lake and fish being raped for a quick buck :(

I know what you mean about the big guns getting there hands on it. Seems like lots of the french lakes are now being taken over by big companies.

Not quite true Chris, the lakes that need support are seeking it from the bigger advertising agents, they are not being taken over by the big guns, there are no big guns!! The successful family run venue in France continues to operate on it's own and with no need of any support from any guns let alone big ones!!