emmotland and oakland waters east yorkshire

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ive fished both...... Id give Oaklands a miss mate. Swims are very narrow, the owner has rammed as many as he possibly can onto an already small water...... If you do go though try to get on the Railway side, the swims are a little wider but still not good........Once you get used to the trains running through the night its not too bad. :lol:

Emmotland is a very nice place, the fish are lovely and the setting is very very nice....... the drawbacks.....The pegs on the Carp lake are very small and cut into the bankside. I have a 1 man bivvy and I basically had one step outside the bivvy and then you where in the water.... the carp lake is set up for bait boats not casting......there where only 2 pegs on the whole lake that you can cast from because of overhangs above you. if you can live with that though and you have a boat then Id definately give it a go though because it really is a stunning place with stunning fish......

The cats lake is more set up for casting though and apparently has carp to mid 20's ...I havent fished it though.