Bedford River/Priory Lakes

Hey Guys, Have not been on for a while and been even longer since i have got out.

I am hoping to fish the great ouse this year, hopefully in the next week or so, the part that runs through bedford mostly.

Does any one know whats it like to fish there? i am mainly going to go for Pike and Perch on the back river and by the weir and maybe even the zander i have heard swims by the weir.

Also anyone know how the Priory Lakes are fishing? i am planning to carp fish it and i know its a big lake thats very weedy.

Cheers guys

:):):):)

Howdie,

Ive fished the Ouse around Bedford off and on for years. Especially the Kempston stretch and Priory area. Neither stretch have the large shoals of fish that they once had, why this is Im unsure but I can hand on heart say Ive seen a fair few cormorants. Saying this, there are good fish to be caught.

Ive not fished the the lakes for a good while. I know they all had good carp, tench etc in them but Ive not fished them for ages! Might have to get back on there and have a go lol.

Where abouts in Luton are you?

I'm in flitwick and have thought about wondering over to the river in bedford for a while now. Never really found out whats in there though, must be some decent carp.

In one stretch during the closed season, I saw a pair of carp cruising the upper layers mid river, one of which was clearly touching the 30 mark.

Never seen any others though, but there simply must be some somewhere.

I'm in flitwick and have thought about wondering over to the river in bedford for a while now. Never really found out whats in there though, must be some decent carp.

In one stretch during the closed season, I saw a pair of carp cruising the upper layers mid river, one of which was clearly touching the 30 mark.

Never seen any others though, but there simply must be some somewhere.

I have heard that behind the council offices, there are some very big carp but you gotta get there real early and leave by 8 because you will get thrown off the land.

Also from experience, on the back river, I know there are a few wildies in their because one time it broke my dads match rod and another snapped his line. that was a couple year ago though.

Also i am in the ickneild area of luton, 2 minutes away from wardown park.

• 2 weeks later...