Earlswood lakes

I know this topic has been discussed many times before and I also know it some thing we all feel strongly about.

Last week I went down earlswood after work to try and get my pal into fishing and he did catch his first carp which was great and I also nabbed a couple aswell so all was happy.

But.... When we first pulled up I saw a sign which says members of britsh water ways will be patrolling the lake because of reports of fish being taken/stolen during the night. It even goes on to say they will be filming people which may be a good idea if they don't offend any one.

At first I thought great at last they are noticing this is going on which every person in Solihull has done for a few years but it has took this long for them to catch on.

When I saw these two people walking around it was clear to see they were NOT anglers and didn't care less. They were more intrested in the ducks. They left well before dark and didnt even come over to us to even ask for our licenses.

It is a joke, if they really cared about the fish they would employ real anglers who care about fish and fellow anglers and actually know what and who they are looking for.

Please British waterways employ some proper people who can do a good job and stop these criminals ruining our sport.

Rant over

Rob