Waveney valley review

just came back from Waveney valley marsh lake, very nice place wildlife is great the lads that work there are very nice blokes but had a bad weeks fishing :/

We were in m6 caravan fishing pegs 7 and 8 but me and my old man doubled up in swim 8 but I still cast my lines towards swim 7. First night was very cold we fished until 2 in the morning but retreated to the caravan. Got up early the next morning and fished all day. I fished with a spread of cell boilies and same on my hook with fairly long hook links tied up kd style and tipped with floating corn but still not even a bite. This was the way it was all week. I carried on casting to the opposite bank, even casting a bare lead to the bank then dropping my rig in trying not to spook any fish. I then tried changing my hook baits to bright pop ups to try and attract there attention but still failed. In the end I stopped baiting up and took my lines out of the water in the day and only fished at night and on the last night it payed off with a 29 lb cat, not what I was there to catch but was still a nice bonus and I didn't blank but the old man did which was a shame. To be fair only a handfull of carp came out all week and and all of them came out at night and at the other end of the lake.

To any one who's thinking of going here I would suggest to fish the other end of marsh lake and avoid pegs 8 7 and 6 as the fish seem to hold up the other end of the lake both day and night. Best time to fish is deffinately night time. Also use a bait boat u can hire one from them but at 70 quid I thought this was a bit steep so regretably I did not get one. use halibut pellets in large clumps close to opposite bank this scores well for the cats mostly. In my opinion not really a boilie water.

I will be deffinately going back but will be fishing yewtree next time as this lake was fishing well all week and looks a much nicer lake. To sum up this place is dominated by bait boats and next time I will be using one Also fish mainly at nite if fishing marsh lake and bait up a lot with pellets. Very nice place but marsh lake is not for me.