solid pva rigs

diesel81

Hi mate...you dont actually NEED to use short rigs....its all dependant on how riggy your fish are...also...pop ups or bottom baits work with a solid bag...its all a matter of experimenting...if your fish are riggy..then i would use a long hooklength and a longish hair too...but if they are true water pigs...go with a shorter approach for both...is it a hard water or fairly commercial???

its a hard water mate theres a lot of debris on the bottom its mainly a pop up water it used to be 50ft deep but was filled in with all sorts of stuff including rubble its now 7ft at the deepest part plus theres trees all around it so i have that to contend with aswell

surrounding trees dont really affect your approach but would suggest a longer hooklink...say 12-16" with a 2-3" hair....and try a bottom bait....a basic confidence rig...mix it up...and break from the norm :wink:

morning brighton, was looking at that system, maybe you could do a quick review?

Ok Woodchester, here goes. Well, basically, unlike so much stuff that's flogged to us poor tackle sluts, it works exactly the way it's supposed to, pretty much every time. I stopped using the old solid pva bags because I couldn't get then tightly packed and sealed, so they would sometimes unglue, and come off during the cast. This has never happened with the Rapide system. It's just so simple. First you attach a bag to the scoop, then you add your rig and fiil the bag. Once you've done that, you give the whole thing a good twist, to make it solid. Then you lick or dampen the outside edge of the bag, where it is held by the scoop. Once you've done that you just fold it back on itself, by sliding the scoop down over the filled bag, then press the dampened edge against the bag. Solid every time.

cheers chap, that was my concern as ive lost count the amount of times ive bought the "latest thing" as its sure to be the bogs dollocks and it never works right!!

thanks for that review, il add it to my erics order that started of being 30 quid and is now at nearly 400!!

thanks again mate.

No worries, and I know exactly what you mean. The only two "latest things" that I've ever bought, that lived up to expectations are this PVA system and The Spomb.

yeah mate, wel ive had a spomb for ages and yeah they are great but had a few balls ups when hemp gets behind the release clip and i find it sometimes dont open unless it hits the clip and then drops vertical. i tend to just add some blended pellet to my hemp n maize til its abit stodgy and use my old spod.

if id saved every penny that ive wasted on faddy bollox in fishin i wouldnt have a mortgage now and be retired at 31!!

cant wait to get the kit now and give it a whirl. hope it works with other bags aswell as i have a mountain of korda and kryston ones!!!

roll on june the 16th!!!!!!!

yeah mate, wel ive had a spomb for ages and yeah they are great but had a few balls ups when hemp gets behind the release clip and i find it sometimes dont open unless it hits the clip and then drops vertical. i tend to just add some blended pellet to my hemp n maize til its abit stodgy and use my old spod.

if id saved every penny that ive wasted on faddy [censored] in fishin i wouldnt have a mortgage now and be retired at 31!!

cant wait to get the kit now and give it a whirl. hope it works with other bags aswell as i have a mountain of korda and kryston ones!!!

Where do you fish?

I'm off Mon-Wed next week, but my plans have been a bit messsed up by all the spawning, so now it's either going to be a Tench session, or go somewhee for big Cats.

roll on june the 16th!!!!!!!

i fish a old estate lake near where i live in stroud glos.

aww, i tenched for years as a kid in a old club lake next to whelford pools/horseshoe , where i grew up.

was fantastic watching huge tench take your breadflake in gin clear gravel pits 6 yards out!!!

roll on the summer holidays (i work in a school) 7 weeks of a bivvy!!