Les Burons - continued maintenance and some fishing

jpaveley

My son Tom and I visited Les Burons to assist in continued maintenance and to get some experience in arctic fishing the week of 20 February 2012.

The new aerator was installed that weekend and tested thoroughly for the next two days. There was ice on the lake was 4 inches thick in places due to the near arctic temperatures the previous week. With the help of the aerator the lake was completely thawed by Tuesday, which gave Tom and I a chance to get a couple of rods out on the feeding spots discovered during the netting in November 2011.

Temperatures climbed to the dizzy hights of 4 degrees during the day and dropping to -6 to 2 degrees during the night. We managed 7 fish between us from 11 takes. 5 fish over 30lb, with the biggest to Tom at 35.5lb. It was very interesting that we only managed one fish from each feeding spot. One take and nothing else??!!! This may have been due to the cold weather causing very few fish to be moving around the lake. However only one fish showed signs of prolonged inactivity, and we only saw one fish top all week.

Tom and I have a full weeks fishing at Les Burons from 31 March so watch this space for a full catch report including the results of fishing the feeding spots hard that were discovered during the netting in November 2011.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a great week at Les Burons 10th March 2012. 3 anglers

Weather very cold at night, warm during the day.

Bit of a working week for use during the day, we fished at evenings and at night, we were making a new boilie range for Robs lake and testing them, instant success, a 35lb and a 36lb mirrors.

We also used Cut Tail Baits strawberry squid robin red.

Total catch was 39 carp, made up of a 45lb mirror a 43lb 13oz mirror, 16x 30lb+ best 38lb

17x 20lb+ best 29lb 14oz 4x under 20lb.

All the hard bivvies have been re vamped, with an extended porch, gravel pegs, and best of all

the solar lighting to light up you peg a the touch of a switch.

We had Lins cooked meals and baguette for dinner time, pudding were excellent.

All in all a very enjoyable working week.