longleat lakes

:D hi guys scanned thru this site ,no one has a thread on longleat lakes,warminster,well i fish regular ,just would like to catch up with guys who do,i do pretty well on lake,i grab my moment once i spoke to nick and know my swims are free,and in 25 mins flat out in my van ,im there rods out ,will be fishing all this year as there is a few biggys avoiding me !!! not happy,but anyone out there had some great catches would love to hear and defo see photos of the larger ones,ie,lumpy,shadow,and possibly the big ghostie,ive had 3 2o plus from there but there used to be a big ghostie,which until i see a recent pic,i think has been put in longleat house pond ;( wounded i wanted it :wink: ok guys like to hear from you nelle secundus :wink::D

60 views and no one fishes it??? surely not,well im goin in morning :wink: hopefully to bag a few ...

Hi Terry

I fished Longleat a long long time ago a few times, if I am honest I never really got on with it there had a couple out but nothing to shout home about. Therefore I doubt I have any useful information for you from back then and even if I did it is probably well out of date now.

With regard to the amount of views and the amount of replies, given that there are tens of thousands of registered accounts on this forum from people all over the world, I actually don't find it surprising at all that with such a small amount of views hardly anyone is able to help you given most of them have probably never heard of or fished the lakes sorry :(

Cheers

Lee

well thx for response mactabilis :wink::D are you local then, i am so pretty much go there in betwen all the campers :wink: but fished it last week first sessions of the the year,had 31 out with friend on top lake, 21 ghostie biggest,few 17s 16s and lower,now 5 yrs ago there would be around 10 of them 20s,the new strain put in are nice around 12-15lb,fight well but boy you gotta work hard to fight thru them for a bigger one, they destroy baited area and know no different ;( but all good fun, but ive fished for yrs and cannott!! seem to get the big ones,but i will thats a fact, so vans packed im goin in the morning 6.05 am to be presicse haha ,all this talk is getting me fired up lol, well where do u fish to keep the conversation goin and have u had any good resulsts yet ? :wink:

I am based in Bristol. Not made it back out onto the bank yet this year - that will change in the next few weeks though.

Currently I am fishing the South Cerney lakes but will probably be joining another new club this year once their tickets go on sale.

My personal best is 29lb 10oz mirror, however that was caught some time ago and I have had a long break from fishing since then, having gotten back into it from the middle of last year I am having a huge learning curve but I am hopeful that this year things will be better.

Best of luck with your trip tomorrow, let us know how you get on.

Lee

hi south cerney ticket mate, i take it your fishing WICK.. love the place but loads of locals bang on it in the good months,its a winter water, my buddy had some big original commons 30s from there on dog biscuit popped up :wink:, he was always there john welsh bloke , you may have came across him lol he used to live there, well yeah ham pool good had few fish and good nites on there, a quick pint from the lodge and no brolley up was the way forward hahah under the stars good laugh, fishing swims to clubhouse, had a book few times but didnt keep at it, ;( i will go back there tho, but i have just joined the new forest water park syndicate, looking foward to it, in july hope sooner, so that be main lake to target, but yh will let you know how i get on,its a reasonable cold north westerely wind tomorow so im picturing the fish half way ish down lake away from dam end blowing,and i know there is two anglers sat there there now on dam wall, so thats the hot swim gone but i have faith a few down from there towards island in margins , :wink: ;) chompin at the bit again...lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mate. I live about half hour from longleat and im hoping to go this year, im doing a 24 hour this fri but ive heard its well busy on weekends, that and one of my mates fishing is a complete newcomer. maybe a little challenging for him i dont know as ive never been. wondering if you could give some pointers? Cheers