balanced bait rig....

relentlessdj

Hi guys hope all is cool

Im not sure i get the whole balanced bait thing! i mean i know how to do them but whats the reason?

am i right in saying it means all the weight is in the hook so it flips or holds better?

if this is the case then am i right in thinking a kd rig is best or am i mixed up?!

also how do you judge how much foam/cork you need to use?

thanks guys!

Hi guys hope all is cool

Im not sure i get the whole balanced bait thing! i mean i know how to do them but whats the reason?

am i right in saying it means all the weight is in the hook so it flips or holds better?

if this is the case then am i right in thinking a kd rig is best or am i mixed up?!

also how do you judge how much foam/cork you need to use?

thanks guys!

You're mixed up! :twisted::lol:

A balanced bait rig can be as simple or as complicated as you want to make it. A balanced (2) hookbait can be a snowman hookbait, or you can drill out a boilie and then fill it with foam core, and how much you use, you'll have to play with for each hookbait.

You can use a standard knotless knot presentation or you can faff about trying different things, but why make life complicated?

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=50409&highlight=balanced+baits

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=47555&highlight=balanced+baits