Help needed????????

carpmeister216

hi guys, ive got a couple of quieres i would like help with.

Firstly chod rigs, i have just got a length of lead core an put a swivel one one end an then put an inline pear weight down the line right to the bottom so that the swivel is inside it so the weight cant come off, an have put two beads on an swivel inbetween the beads with a stiff line chod rig an it is quite shortt to,about 2-3 inches.

But now im stuck as to how far i have the beads from the weight an how far the rig is from the weight do i slide the beads right down to just above the weight , or do i have the beads half way up the chod rig, as i have seen a few using diff ways, one operson i know had the beads an chod rig half way down the lead core an then the weght right down at the bottom an then some people i know have it literelly just above the the weight, where is the best plae to locate the beads an the chod rig on the lead core.

Seconldly, i have started making my own rigs, an after reading an article in a mag about hooks, the pic they had of a hook was of a rig wih was tied with two diff materials, it looked like the hooklength was made out of braid an then the actual hair was made out of mono, so how do i make rigs with two diff materials, so that i have a supple hair on the rig, as i tried for about an hour trying to figure it out, an tieing variuos but none seemed to look like the pic, so any help an advice on this would really be helpful.

cheers jeff

DON'T Ever have a swivel attaching the leadcore to the mainline, and really best NOT to use leadcore.

Have a read:

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=22185

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=36456

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=51296

If you don't need to complicate things with a Combi-rig, then don't bother, a standard straight hooklink will catch plenty. :wink:

the swivel isny attached to the mainline. the lead core has a loop at the top an i have tied the main line to the loop, the swival is at the bootom end of the lead core, so that the weight doesnt fall off, but that was just an idea i had for a chod rig, the other i have is tungsten, when i thread the main line threw it an then have a swivel at the end of the mainline an weight going over it, so if i get snapped , then tungsten comes off the line taking the beads with it, so it is carp safe.

As im big on carp safty, as we have to protect our waters an our fish.

Any rig i use, i always make sure the weight is ejectable an safe,