Looking for a venue for next year

Being from the North East,as with all coarse fishing carping isn't as good or as common as elsewhere in the country

My plan for next year is to join a local club and fish their water which has doubles and some mid twenties.

This is fine but there is a problem. The water is heavily fished on a weekend, pegs are limited and the fishing can be hard due to the angling pressure. I would imagine I will use a good number of holidays fishing during the week when it is quieter!

If I manage to get one or two weekend overnight sessions in a year I will be lucky so when I get the chance I am prepared to travel to make sure that on these precious occasions I am making the most of the opportunity.

I am prepared to travel for around four hours or so, Im hoping that will bring me within reach of some good venues to choose from

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Venue info web links etc.

I am not a novice angler having being coarse fishing for over thirty years.

However, I am a novice carper so a venue on the moderate to easy scale would probably suit best.

Cheers