Vallee lake Abbeville Frane

jcarson

• 1 year later...

Trev (Pellethead) has fished the place and from what I recall, it was very swimmy.. the guys on the opposite bank to him was having the runs and there was a set pattern as the moved along the bank each day from the bay at one end to the bay at the other... the guys at one end on that side caught in the morning, the guys on the other end caught in the evening...

• 2 weeks later...

my boss fished it last june for a long weekend, and wasnt impressed with it!!!

only one guy on the lake had runs and they were at night,nothing happened during the daylight hours,quite a bit of weed too

like i have seen in other threads he ended up bringing bait home

the website just catches the eye of the angler im afraid

just my opinion

• 4 weeks later...
fished end of may 2006 for a long weakend with 4 mates stunning looking venue with some huge fish but really hard fishing only 2 fish between us 28 and 29 if you get the choice fish far end as all the fish seemed to come out of the bottom 2 swims

this concurs with what I've heard... the lake's dogbone shaped with a deep gully running down the length of the bone joining both ends together... what happen's, apparently, is the carp hold up in one of the bays and move along the gully during the day to pick up the other bay that means one end catches first thing, the anglers along the staight on the gully side catch transitory fish during the day and the other end catches at night... those on the side with no gully and no access to the bays catch diddly

i have seen these fish first hand there is no doubt the fish are as big as they say they are, but i have my doubts about how many fish there are in the lake . i would go back tomorrow if i could get down the bottom end of the lake. i fished the island swim wich is a bit secluded no good fo a social no margin fishing to speak of avoid double swim up from th chalet and single on the same side they are pants chalet swim very good but you have to be in the chalet to fish it if lucky enough to be in chalet hire a bait boat and fish under trees opposite. toilets and showers very good.the owner is a stickler for the rules and treets you all as if you have never fished before .if you can ignore him and the fish are feeding you can have a bull good luck to anyone who goes