Proper camping at a lake in France WANTED!!

discocarper

Hi all

I live in France now, i have lots experience fishing in France during the 80's/90/s (Lac du der, Mimizan, Freteval, etc) and since i moved here in 2000 but what i'm looking for is somewhere i can camp (proper tent, 'camping holiday style' not bivvy) with the missus.

Thing is she wants a camping holiday, and i really do not want to go to one of those 'structured' camp sites, so i thought i could kill two birds with one stone here (i'm sure the fellas know where i'm coming from!)

The ideal venue would be a lake (prefer large carp, difficulty not an issue) where we can camp at 'lakeside' so i can fish 24hrs, and maybe a shower facility nearby.

Were looking to go in September, UK owned venues would be fine but not interested in a puddle surrounded by bivvies for £300 a week!

Thanks in advance Alan

PS I'm a previous fishery manager in the UK and in France so litter, noise etc isn't an issue!

• 1 month later...

you carnt on the boating lake but u can tent up instead of bivvy up neer the other lake might be around 30 foot from the lake there is electric hook up there as well but thats only if there is space there but when you book a space you can ask to be put next to the lake if u look at the web site i think if i remember right can see were u can camp but next to the boating lake u can hire a static caravan the they back onto the boating lake just a hedge with a gateway and your next to the boating lake sorry for my english not good at explaning but give them a ring there nice ppl who run it. hope this helps but the boating lake now is were the bigest fish are used to be big carp in the other lake but was told they sold the big ones not sure how true it is as u know what rummours spring up when people dont catch them but i was still getting low 30lbers out of the big lake and there are 40lbers in the boating lake with grass carp and sturgen but i can be hard to fish the boating lake with kids in canoes and pedalos coming next to you but it doesnt put the fish of.

Lac du Varennes in the Loire Valley

Great carp lake with a nice camp site on the shore. Fish to 60lbs in the Lake, permit is dirt cheap and so are the camping fees. I tow my caravan over to this venue from Scotland.

I only fish at dawn till about 9am, the wife brings me a coffee about nind and I pack up for the day. Usually get 1 - 3 fish a morning.

Verdun sur le Doubs

A camp site on the banks of the River Soane in the Town of Verdun near Chalon sur Soane. Plenty Carp and Cats.