Coppice Lake Dormston

Hi guys,

have just decided to renew my baa card after a 5yr break. Looking at going to coppice lake this thursday, has anybody fished it lately? This is 1 pool I never fished when I had my card before but have fished the rest when match fishing with a club. Googled it and I get the impression it gets rather busy and have seen the recent pictures of some decent fish coming out. Going to try and have a drive out there before I go up just to see how busy it is during the week and get a fell for the place. I have looked on google earth and the only pool in the area is one with an island so I am hoping this is it.

Cheers,

Shaun.

Hi, Coppice lake is the one with the island and does get busy in the week. I've fished on a tuesday with 22 other anglers on its 4 acres. It does get pressured and seems to slow down in the middle of the day. The island is a good feature to fish to but you can catch in open water aswell. My biggest is 26lb4oz and my biggest haul is 15 fish. Night permits are popular on weekends but not too much in the week so you might fish better then. If you can cope with the bank stick banging noddy's then its an ok lake.

They like a bit of bait with either a stringer or pva bag of crushed boilies being good.

The water level has been dropping lately but still fishable,no weed problems to speak of,shallow at end furthest from carpark and deeper near car park.Litter is a problem but all swims are easily fishable.

:D:D:D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

glyn78

Posted: 1st Sep 2013 10:43 Post subject: Dormston - coppice lake

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have read some good and some bad reviewes on coppice lake which is run by BAA , have heard it does not fish aswell since they took it iver , has anyone fished there in 2013 , how did it fish wat size are they in there and best methods , any help would be gratefully recieved