5 members have voted

1. 1. What Venue?

• Burgh Castle Fishery
    • weybread
    • Marsh Trail
    • aldeby hall
    • Reydon Pits
    • Hall Farm

Iv'e been looking at many websites of carp fisheries you suggested I came up with 7 waters which I was interested in and I was wondering if you could guide me on what water you suggest i should fish. I'm looking for a waters thats fishing well at the minute and have a good chance of beating my PB.

My PB is not very big at just over 10lbs and I often fish at field farm fishery and always fish on the top with bread and stalk, I fish on the top on most waters as I enjoy it!

If not on occasions I tend to fish on the bottom with the bleepers.

Just a bit of information about my self as you experienced anglers could hopefully guide me into the right direction and if your nice hopefully give us some guidelines on what methods, baits & spots work best on certain waters.

I narrowed it down a bit, i normally fish field farm fishery in wrentham, i want to try out a new water as I'm adamant in beating my PB!

I will be fishing on daytickets for now

- marsh trail

- aldeby hall

- weybread

- Burgh Castle Fishery

- Reydon Pits

- Hall Farm

- Waveny Valley Lakes

All input is much appreciated, thanks guys!!

I'm not after any venues that are acres big unless you can help me with good spots etc

For anybody else that is interested here are some of their websites:

www.waveneyvalleylakes.com

www.burghcastlefisherieslakes.webs.com

http://www.onesuffolk.co.uk/NR/exeres/971F1FA2-CDD2-49D6-BA7F-03D5F4E984F4.htm

From the waters you have chosen, my first choice would probably be Weybread Pits, and get the Club Ticket rather than day tickets.

The Middle and Club pits are probably the best place to learn carp fishing, and to give you a chance of beating your personal best so far. The lakes are fairly easy (or were when I fished there many years ago), and respond to most simple ledger rigs and baits.

From that lake you can then move up a class or two and fish the No1 or Bottle pits, or if you fancy a real challenge the Ocean pit.

Another water close by is actually in Weybread and is Weybread fisheries. That is day ticket, and the fish really can respond to floaters.

While Waveney lakes are very good waters, you are looking at a lot of money on day tickets, and the lakes can all be quite hard at times, they also don't really give themselves up for stalking as you arrive, pays your money, and are a ssigned a swim for the length of your stay