has anyone fished chateau des ormes holidy park lakes ?

jono16carp

im off to chateau des ormes holiday park in Normandy for a family holiday. On the website it states that there iis fishing but other than that i am finding it very hard to find any other information. If anyone has fished there recently or has any other information about the place it would be great. cheers.

I went there on holiday a couple of years ago. There are a few lakes, a couple of which are fishing lakes: 1 about 1/2 an acre or so with a few carp in it, the other a more mature lake of maybe 3 acres(?). Walked round the bigger one a couple of times but didn't see any signs in it (doesn't mean they're not there though!).

I only took some light coarse tackle, and I fished the smaller lake a couple of times. Had a couple of roach out and saw a few carp basking among the weed (singles & doubles).

Not what I'd call a serious fishery, but if you're looking for a quick dabble during a family holiday it's fine

• 2 weeks later...

Hi The far lake when I was there was no fishing apparently but on the Saturday the french numpty who controls the fishing was on the lake Had to fish hidden away got 3 x twentys out There is a new lake actually at the back of the chateau on the golf course very weedy saw a few fish but saw more dead floating about.There is a nature reserve about 15kms away that allows fishing never actually found it but saw some great photos of fish from it.tried for two years hope you have better luck than i :(