Shobrooke Lake Devon

• 10 months later...

I emailed them and this was their reply

I'm very confused with their pricing though. Is it £60 for a permit plus another £12 to fish or £60 on the day but only £12 in advance

Information about Coarse Fishing at Shobrooke Park

The Day charge is Sixty Pounds.

This is payable on demand and is due when Fishing commences.

However pre-purchased permits can be obtained at concessionary rates.

Prepaid concessionary Charges for 2012.

Adult: Day £12, Week £25, Yearly £225. Half Year July to December £150.

Secondary School child: Day £5, Week £10, Yearly £100. Half Year July to December £65.

Prepaid Concessionary Permits can only be bought at:-

Ladds Gun Shop, Downs Mill, telephone 01363 772666 which is one mile out of Crediton on the Exeter Road and is open on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday from 9:30 to 5:30 Wednesday 9:30 to 12:30 and Friday from 9:30 to 7:30. Closed Saturday and Sunday.

Or

Crediton Fly Fishing, 2 Parliament Square, Parliament Street, Crediton, EX17 2AW, telephone 01363 777783, email fft@fly-fishing-tackle.co.uk, open Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 5:00 and Saturday from 10:00 to 1:00, closed Sunday.

Permits can be purchased in advance for any day. A National Rivers Authority licence is also required. Please remember anyone fishing without a permit purchased in advance who refuses to pay the standard day charge of Sixty Pounds will be treated as a thief and handed over to the police. If you do not have a prepaid permit with you the charge is £60. You are also required to have photo identification with you whenever you fish.

Detailed Fishing Conditions.

Fishing is by rod and line from the bank only.

Fishing is allowed on the Southern bank of the large lake and the Northern bank of the large lake from the amphitheatre to the bridge. Fishing off the dam is prohibited for safety reasons and no fishing is allowed off the bridge nor off the bank to the North East of the bridge.

Keep nets, carp bags etc. are not allowed in the park. Anyone attempting to remove fish from the park will be arrested and handed over to the police. All fish caught shall be returned alive and unharmed to the water. EVERY fisherman must have a large, padded unhooking mat. Remote control boats are banned and micro-barb hooks only are to be used.

Please use lead free weights and take all nylon line and litter home with you so as not to endanger the wildlife.

No night fishing is allowed. No fishing is allowed before ‘sunrise’ and after ‘sunset’. These times are defined by when the orange street lights go on and off on the trading estate.

No fires or barbecues to be lit.

A permit is for the sole use of the person named on the front. We may ask for Photo Identification when checking permits. Persons who do not have a permit with them when fishing will be liable to the day charge of £60. Persons failing to pay on demand will be treated as poachers.

Permit holders who break any of the above rules, the countryside code or who disturb other users of the Park or the resident animals shall be liable to forfeiture of their permit without compensation.

No liability is assumed by Shobrooke Park Estate for loss or injury howsoever caused. Fishers should ensure they are insured for loss or accident and third party liability. We may request to see evidence of this insurance.

J R Shelley, Shobrooke Park, Crediton, EX17 1DG. jack@shobrookepark.com www.shobrookepark.com

Information Updated 14th May 2012.

Great help from the owners, I asked if they could give me any idea of the stock levels, sizes, recent catches and whatnot the kinda things you like to have an idea about a venue but the refused to give me the info :?

Think I may give it a miss all sounds a little bit clicky and dont like outsiders

Guest single_bleep

Hi Mr D.

I think this is a water that I have recently got a little info on from a few lads who fish the same lake as me in Somerset. Its near Crediton if it's the same place as I'm thinking. It used to be the home of the Devon record common apparently, unfortunately the fish died about a month ago but within a week another 40 came out a few pounds shy of the lake record (I would be lying if I told you what weight exactly, can't remember of the top of my head). most of the stock are commons, one of the lads was saying Mike Willmot is fishing it at the moment as he wants to add a big common to his list of captures.

Drop into Exeter angling centre and ask to speak to a young lad call Kev, he has a bit of info on the place.

I hope this helps

JB