laroussi france

Medhi the owner is spot on, you maybe better off on the AL website, that way you can chat with Medhi direct about the lake, etc. He normally responds within a day and will give you all the info you want.

I walked round the place in April when I was fishing Old Oaks (across the road), really nice place, only thing for my group is that the swims are a far distance apart so not great if you are going for a bit of a social. But well looked after.

Just for FYI, non of the shops open on a Sunday there. There are local shops in the next village Spay. Turn right out of the lake, follow the road into the village (5mins) until you get to a roundabout with a bar on it, which will be in front of you to the right, turn left here and then first right, which will take you into a small car park and you will find a small supermarket and a bakers. You'll get basics here, Medhi can give you direction to a bigger supermarket on the edge of Le Mans itself

Hope that helps

cheers for that. its getting close now. i cant wait. feel like a child in a toy shop.are you going back there? how did you get on at old oaks, i hear its a runs water?

Five of us had over 1500lb topped with a new lake record mirror 49lb 2oz. There are much bigger fish in Laroussi!!!

Probably not going to go back to Old Oaks has we have done 2 years there now, so time to move on, which is why we looked at Laroussi, but its not for us.

PS, don't forget to wear your seat belt, got caught coming off the last toll booth and slapped with an 80 euro fine.

• 4 weeks later...

well we are back from laroussi, what a place!!! out of 8 of us we all caught, thats a great thing. 4 lads caught a 50 each, 1 had a 64lb mirror, 1 had a 39lb grassy and the other lad had a 101lb catfish.along with 3 x 40's and aroud 12 x 30's ,already booked for next year. cant wait. i would recommend laroussi to anyone. and dont worry about which swim to fish, every swim has a load of features and mehdi will show you where they are. great fish great venue. Quality!!!!!!