Pete Springate "Big Carp Legends"

Guest keenook

Yes!

It is a compilation of interviews with Pete and articles by him that have appeared in Rob's Big Carp mag over the years. It appears to be unedited and comes across as a poor piece of writing. Also, there is nothing new about Pete in it.

Having said all that, if you like Pete and want to read again about his adventures over the years (Darenth, Yeoveney, Yateley, Wraysbury, etc) you must buy it.

Hope that makes sense !

Guest keenook

Thanks' for your reply, that is pretty much what I have heard, seems a real shame to me that one of the greatest all time Carp anglers was only represented in a mediocre way, where if done well could well be a Carp angling classic! :(

There are actually 3 books to date in 'Big Carp Legends' series.

The Ritchie Mac book is in similar vein to Pete's, but Lee Jackson actually wrote his book from scratch, so it is a much better production.

Personally, I look forward to Jim Gibbinson's book - certainly he is one of the best angling writers of all time :)

Guest keenook
There are actually 3 books to date in 'Big Carp Legends' series.

The Ritchie Mac book is in similar vein to Pete's, but Lee Jackson actually wrote his book from scratch, so it is a much better production.

Personally, I look forward to Jim Gibbinson's book - certainly he is one of the best angling writers of all time :)

Great anglers without doubt, and yes is a great writer as well as being a real Gent, I met him years back, god how time flys! :oops: