Ash Ponds near yeovil somerset

Hi mate, i went there last month for a day.

I had 4 out, 3 off the top on dog biscuits, the biggest was 14lb, which i hooked literally about 2inches off the bank :shock:

I wouldn't rush back, it gets VERY busy, the problem is the fishery is made up of 3 lakes, all less than an acre each, separated by a narrow bank. I got there early, and the 1st pond (with the biggest in) had 4 anglers one in each corner, they all had 3 rods out and there was nowhere left to cast, SO i fished the 3rd pond, BUT when i left at 5ish, there were 7 guys on that first pond :(

I Left earlier than planned, as a noddy arrived, and preceeded to shout from one pond to another to his mates, talking really loudly into his mobile, all this right next to the bailiffs caravan.

It might be better earlier in the week, as i went on a friday.

Only a fiver though

Probably a late reply that's not of much use:)

This is the place next to Ashmead, right? Have been down there a few times with a mate and it's always been a reliable venue for runs and without being busy at all, although it's always been mid-week when I've visited.

Invest in a monster truck or a hummer :) as the track down to the fishery is like the high street in downtown Basra after a bombing run.

Fishery is nice and green and feature-packed, although as stated, the lakes are tiny with no islands. The reedbeds are nailed on for fish, especially with a wind blowing into them; the fish seem to respond to to everything you can throw at them. A big bait over maggots is very good.

Fish condition is good and some of the commons I've seen out have been pearlers; not a mark on them and clean mouths.

The bailiff lives in the on-site caravan and is going for some kind of chain-smoking record....:wink:

Nice little runs water, if a bit easy. Ian Chillcott shoots some of his Total Carp stuff down there when he just wants to show a method for the cameras and gaurantee a fish in the depths of winter. :)