Clear Water lakes in Brittany

dave_2133

yeah its the one taht was on Sky. Really looking forward to going, just wondered if any of you guys had been. My brother inlaws dad went last year and had 16 fish with one topping 42lb 4oz, we're going with him this year.

Davew, dont know if its under new ownership or not.

What approach would say is the best fro these types of venues?

I'm hiring one of the bait bots as well so i should the spot on every time.

This is the website - Clearwater Lakes

My advise on fishing any of these types of holiday type venues is not to go mad with the bait for a few days. Often or not there will have been people fishing the week before you arrive, and some people tend to chuck in their bait before they leave so they don't have to cart it all home.

Also, don't be afraid to ask. The people who own the place won't want you to blank as you won't go back, so don't be afraid to ask them for advice. Send them a few polite e-mails before you go and try and build up a picture before you get out there.

Finally, show the fish some respect. The fish will often be fished for 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week for 8 months of the year. If you go out there thinking that it will be easy, it can easily bite you in the bum. So take a decent bait with some decent rigs and apply yourself :)

Good advice, i was thinking of just taking two types of boilies get house pellet. Also try the natrual baits like maggots, worms, corn, meat, or even some mussels/prawns, Just to try and get the edge over the other anglers because alot of them that go just use truck loads of different flavor boilies instead of sticking to one or two flavors.

I was also thinking of trying groundbait with hemp and corn on the method feeder, because I haven't heard of one person using it on there yet.

• 4 months later...

My mate has just got back from there a fortnight ago.The lake is still owned by the same people and the house bait is made by an english firm but it's quite expensive apparently.He did well using CC Moore freezer baits and if you want any more in depth info Dave send me a pm and I'll let you have his MSN addy so you can have a chat.

• 3 weeks later...

Just come back and its a stunning lake, but the weather was really bad. It rained from the moment i got there til the moment i left. The fishing was hard because the fish hadn't spawned properly and the weather was knocking them of balance for getting rid of the spawn.

But i had a pike instead which was welcome and saved me from blanking. I'd recommend Clear Waters to anybody but try n book when you know the weather is goin to be nice.

• 8 months later...

hi been two time, first time had 50lbs 2oz plus 24 other fish, injoy every day i was there

get some house bait it good.

went last year had good week . but used tuna base boilies work well

take some sweet corn, try boilie + corn, it work well for me

good luke have fun.