info on cuerdon vally

briocon sorry this is not aimed at you,

I find all these post's about details of this and that water miss the main point for fishing, the excitement of the unknown, the thrill of learning the water etc.

is this 33lber the lake record , or are another couple that a lager and more cunning hiding in the depths or marginson on that far unnaccessible bank.

sorry to high jack, just my 2 pennath on this sunday morning whilst I cant fish.

Bowza

yes mate,i know it well as have fished it on and off over the years as its only 5 mins away from home. over recent years the lake has produced a few large fish(tri scale28lb,common 28lb+ more!!) but unfortunatly due to the number of idiots in this area and the lack of baliffs these fish are soon stolen/moved once word gets out :?: so unfortunately i no longer report captures/fish sizes from the lake :x:x but am happy 2 give you a rough idea numbers wise! at the mo you are looking at a stock of around 30/40 fish. fishing either end swim is best and a good set of waders a godsend (for wading up the margins and giving it the big un 2 the none fishing bank) but fish can be caught from the margins in any area of the lake just get on the wind,lead about and look for the areas of silkweed as these areas undoutably produce the bites.stick 2 the boilie approach as the shoals of bream are massive and you,ll be up all nite unhooking snottys if you fish particles. pre bait to bring fish into your areas as the fish in the lake very rarely show u where they are so i dout you,ll be casting pop ups at showing fish.need anymore info just let me know tight lines

glad 2 be of use mate, plenty of room for bivvies and dont worry pal you wont get bothered, APART FROM BY DOG WALKERS :!::!: (by" idiots" i mean anglers who steal/move fish ). its a lovely lake and nice and quite at night.anyways iam sure you,d rather figure the rest out for yourself so the only advice i will offer is 2 not be too drawn to the island with all your rods. good luck :D

• 2 weeks later...