Fishing linear anybody have any good suggestions?

Hi all I'm fishing linear at the end of September does any one have any good tips of were to fish there and what bait has been used lately or a good reliable linear catch bait? I fished oxlease 2 months ago and had my PB 21.7lb mirror on the top with dog biscuit but I had nothing for the rest of the day.

Fished it on a social about 2 months ago and had 3 on st johns up to 24lbs 1oz. I was using a big spread of boilies, cell and activ 8, but i feel with all these places there is no set method. Just go with a method you trust, for me its boilies and more boilies, find the fish, no point fishing for fish that are not there and don't restrict yourself to one lake, walk round all of them if necessary, speak to people and find out how the lakes are fishing. Always remember that just because a lake is supposed to be the 'hardest' doesn't mean it is at the time! St johns etc may be fishing badly at the time and it may be that Hardwick, that is supposed to be harder, has fish coming out, suddenly hardwick is easier at that time, just don't go with pre-concieved ideas.

Just to add before you go give them a ring and see what is fishing well, no point paying £50 for two days fishing on a lake that has gone dead!

Cheers

Will