chequred lake fishery{shropshire}

• 1 year later...

i spent alot of time here.alot.. and had a fair few nice fish out of here too.between myself and 3 others who spent our time there,i would say we had atleast 10 different twentys out.all in pristine condition,as they were hard to catch.once did 4 nights without a knock.. that said there were a few nice high doubles cauht and nothing under 12lb,apart from i gigantic roach thet took a double 15mm bottom bait..ther used to be 3 ghosties that would patrol the margains and i would literally spend hours following them and groud up with a couple of nice mirrors..there was a myth of a 30 plus in there,and seeing as we had pretty much every decent fish out of the in our time (many repeat captures) i started to doubt it until whilst up a tree watching the ghosties,what only can be described as a pig with fins came out of the margain reed bed and bullied them away,causing me to nearly fall out the tree with excitment no joke,she was a 35 plus all day long......never caught her though..and unfortunately,no one ever will as there winter we had last year completley wiped out every fish in the lake.i got to know andy the owner quite well,and he was obviosly devastated.the last i spoke to him he had around 150 plus f1 type carp and a few doubles coming in to help get things up and running and get people anglig again,but unfortunately if its multiple runs off decent size carp you are after i would go eleswhere.ring him though,hes a nice chap and knows his beans