Swangey or taswood nite fish with newb this fri

I'm out with brother in law this Friday prob for about 12-14 hour night fish and he has never been carping before I have all the gear for him but I would like Him to get a bend in his rod so which lake should I go to swangey main lake or taswood heroin lake it's got to be one of these lakes

Cheers

tight lines

Hi Nick,

Personally I would avoid Swangey main lake. This is just my opinion, others may disagree, but its not really the lake to get a bend in your rod. I have fished the 2nd lake a few times and caught some decent double figure carp. The main lake is always full and has lots of unwritten rules about how far out you can cast etc. This was how it used to be anyway, I havent fished it for a few years so might have changed.

Taswood can't comment as I havent fished it. If you wanted a bend in your rod you could have tried somewhere like catch 22 that's fairly easy. Drop me a PM if I can be of any more help and good luck :)

i tried tazwood last summer, only for a day session though. tried the Grove too - looked great from an early morning walk around and well confident from the lillies and off the opposite bank! however, me and 2 mates all blanked and thought it was quiet hard.

spoke to regulars down there who were a good bunch to be honest. i came away with the impression more of a night water, and you need to be there for 48 hours to get stuck into fish.

but, that was just who the fella's i spoke too.

am thinking bout this sat to sometime sunday mornin to be honest....feel the need for carp! any know how Tazwood is fishing??