canals

Anyone ever fish the Tame Valley canal, back of fosters bait shop and by the Barn Social?? Took a walk down on Saturday and there were some huge carp lurking on the top. There was fish everywhere including two large pike just crusing. Just wondered if anyone new which tactics would be worth a try or which baits. Few people I know have fished there but without much luck, the fish are definately there though. Feedback muchly appreciated folks...........

Tip. Go into Fosters and ask the question. All of the staff are helpful, knowledgable anglers and I know that some of them fish the stretch behind the store during breaks from work.

You know it makes sense!

Welcome to the forum, by the way. :)

Ian

Ive fished it down there - Moor Lane... It was a popular match stretch going back a fair few years. Theres some cracking sport in the canals in the inner cities....

Ive seen those fish - its so clear down there and theres all sorts of species. I used to get the odd carp on bread had a few - I worked up the road from there and spotted loads all the time..Oh what size were they going to fella?