Salford Park, Birmingham

Thought I'd pop down there after work yesterday evening as its close to my Mothers. Got down there and the place is a disgrace! Impossible to fish due to overgrown weed, full of rubbish and just looks a mess. There are some big fish in that lake, surely it deserves a bit of tlc!

that's b'ham parks dept for you,

Before the Gov't brought in the compulsory tendering (late 80's i think), there was enough money in the pot for more recreational facilities (i.e boating) this in turn led to the upkeep of the pool's .

When i worked for b'ham parks dept, i was head groundsman at brandwood park sports ground, i was also baliff at lifford res ( charging people to fish while i fished for free :lol: ) i was responsible for keeping the lake/pool clean, tidy and attractive.

When all the parks work went to tender the upkeep of the pools was left by the way side,(not cost effective) sad but true :cry:

Seems such a waste though. Small amount of effort on the place would make a hell of a difference. my old man used to fish there a few years back with his pals and they would spend days on end there, I've seen the pictures and I've had a few nice carp out there myself over the years.